Uploading a CSV File
Creating a Static Entity: Uploading a CSV File
This section describes how to create an entity by uploading a CSV file.
Creating a New Entity
a. Open the MY ENTITIES tab from the top page of D-Ocean SDP and click the [+] button at the bottom right of the screen.
b. Select “CSV File.”
c. Enter the following information that is required to create an entity.
Entity name: Name of the entity
Description: Entity description
Tag: Used for search
Column Definition : Definition of the column
- auto: Auto detection of column definition
- Custom: Specify each column name and data type ([column name:data type[,column name:data type])
Style: Display format in the entity list
- description: Description text only
- pie: Pie chart
- bar: Bar graph
- line: Line chart
Aggregated by: Column name used for aggregation when displaying a graph
Data file: CSV file uploaded via a browser
d. When the upload of the CSV file is completed, click the [Submit] button to create an entity.
- Enter the entity name and the column name for column definition in single-byte alphanumeric characters.
- The CSV file must be created in UTF-8 character encoding.
- If the column definition is custom, the header line for the CSV file is not required.
- The maximum CSV file size that can be uploaded at one time is 1 GB.
Data Type for Column
The following data types can be specified in Column Definition.
- boolean: Boolean type (true or false)
- date: Date type (YYYY-MM-DD)
- datetime: Date/time type (YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS)
- float: Floating type
- integer: Integer type
- string: String type
- time: Time type
- timestamp: Timestamp type (YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS)